Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"Doing" Part of Internet Safety

I talked to my mom about internet safety. When I asked her about what she knew about internet safety, she talked about how important is to not give out personal information and to have computers in a room that is used often. I shared with my mom the importance of talking about internet safety openly so that in the future it does not feel like a taboo subject. I also talked about how important it is to focus on the positive uses of technology and to give children opportunities to use technology, but in a positive, productive way. Overall, I would say that the conversation went well. I shared Elder Ballard's talk with her and I hope she reads it in its full form because it is such a strong statement about technology and media and how it relates to the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment