Monday, January 19, 2009

RSS and Web 2.0 tools

This week I learned about what RSS is and how it could be helpful to use it as an educator. RSS takes information that you can get from various sources and puts them all in one place so you don't have to go look for them. This could be used in many different ways. As a teacher, I could use RSS to get updates from lots of educational resources. I could have an RSS feed for educational research so I could be updated about the best ways to teach. I also could have an RSS feed that has lesson plan ideas and different activities that can be used for teaching. Web 2.0 tools will also be helpful to use as a teacher. Resource sharing, like Goodreads and Delicious, will be helpful so I can get other teacher's ideas and resources. I can share mine with them and get theirs in return. When you collaborate with others, you can have a better range of information. I think that these resources will be very beneficial to me as an educator.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you...these are such useful tools that are being introduced to us!

    ReplyDelete